So far this year, I have really enjoyed the books I have read on my own.
I have completed all of my genres for the year by reading Deception Point (mystery), Brave New World (classic), Clemente (non-fiction), and All Quiet on the Western Front (historical fiction). Therefore, I do not have to read anything else to fill a genre.
During the third quarter I have read All Quiet on the Western Front, and City of Thieves. I am also close to finishing Digital Fortress.
In the fourth quarter, I will start by finishing Digital Fortress which I have really enjoyed thus far. I also plan on reading Lost Symbol, the latest Dan Brown book, at some point. Besides this, I have no specific plans.
I have learned that I really enjoy reading mysteries. This is something I would like to do more of in the future. I am currently reading my second Dan Brown book this year, and plan to read a third next quarter. I find mysteries very exciting to read, and they are the books that force me to keep reading.
This quarter, I'd have to say that Digital Fortress was my favorite book, even though I am not yet done with it. I find Dan Brown to be an amazing author, not so much in the quality of his writing (I think that's really where he's lacking), but in the creativity and plot of the book. With the constant twists and turns, it is impossible to put down Digital Fortress, which is what I like about it and other Dan Brown books, and is the reason I plan on reading his his fifth book, Lost Symbol, next quarter.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment