
I finished Deception Point a few weeks ago, and am well into Brave New World (which is very interesting) but never got to post a final blog for Deception Point so I thought I'd do it now. Dan Brown amazed me yet again with another great ending to a fantastic, exciting book. By the end of the story, I couldn't put the book down with constant surprises, the book was very exciting. Dan Brown did a great job of making the ending very dramatic. I liked his creativity in how Senator Sexton's story ended as his assistant and daughter worked together to set him up to let all of his secrets out and cost his campaign, while at the same time getting President Herney out of the mess with respect.
Overall I really enjoyed the book. The overall plot was similar to other books I have read by Brown in that all of them had ups and downs in the plot at similar points in the book. They also had similar surprises in that many of the people are not actually who they appear to be at the beginning.
I'd also like to take this time to comment on Dan Brown's writing. While it is true that he is not the best writer, his ideas are very good, and his plots and characters are very developed as well. I also like how he writes many different plots at the same time that eventually all come together. While this all seems very confusing at first, it does not take long until you understand it and it really makes it fun to read. There is never a dull moment in his books.
Mike,
ReplyDeleteI was never really sure if I would ever get around to reading this book even though I am a Dan Brown fan but now I probably will go ahead and read it. In your blog I enjoyed how you talked about his writing styles. I like to do that a lot too. I agree that Dan Brown is great at developing characters and I am excited to hear some new names when I read Deception Point. I hope that there wont be a dull moment in Deception point as there were none in his other works that I have read. YOu have a very nice blog going.
-Ethan